Confirm or change your preferred country of delivery, language or currency. If you do this when logged in, your preferences will be remembered on your MZAccount. You can change them at any time by clicking the arrow at the top of the page.
- Delivery even day after tomorrow
- Foreign shippment from 5.64 $ Every 83.05 $ reduces shipping costs by 2.77 $
01709231594 (mon.-fri 900-1700)
The preparation contains a fairly high dose of potassium, so it is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines and not take more than 2 tablets a day. Such the dose will cover as much as 30% of the body's daily requirement for this element. People who stick to a well-balanced diet will provide the remaining 70% of required potassium with food without problems.
It is worth remembering that the level of potassium may decrease to dangerously low values during severe diarrhea or vomiting and during the use of diuretics. If this occurs, it is worth considering supplementation to compensate for this deficit.
Potassium citrate is an organic form of potassium, which is characterized by high level of absorption. This element is essential in the proper functioning of the organism. It regulates water balance, thanks to which it is possible to maintain homeostasis.
Potassium also helps to maintain proper blood pressure and is essential to maintain proper work of the heart. I takes part in the proper functioning of the nervous system - it takes part in nerve impulse conduction and supports the work of the brain by its oxygenation.
Introducing potassium to a diet is incredibly vital in case of sportsmen, as during long-lasting effort, it decreases the risk of the organism’s dehydration. It also ensures proper work of muscles. This element is also essential in the process of protein synthesis.
Potassium and sodium regulate the body's water resources, ensuring normal heart rhythm. Maintaining the proper level of potassium provides the proper oxidation of the brain, lowers blood pressure, increases the permeability of cell membranes (as an antagonist of calcium). It is a base-forming element. It is widely used in sports diet before and after training in the form of supplements, nutrients, vitamin-mineral preparations and minerals, concentrates and ready, isotonic and hypertonic beverages. Natural sources of acquisition of potassium are: vegetable products (bananas, citrus fruits, melons, mint leaves, green vegetables, potatoes) and animal products (sea fish, meat). Potassium is present in the form of organic compounds: citric acids, and fumarates gluconates and inorganic (chlorides, sulfates, oxides and carbonates).
Potassium deficiency (hypokalemia): excessive tiredness, headaches and irritability, problems with sleeping, muscle cramps, constipation. Potassium levels may drop sharply in the event of a reduction in blood sugar levels, prolonged starvation, severe diarrhea. They can occur when too much of strong coffee is consumed, with alcohol abuse and when eating too much sweets.
The excess of potassium (hyperkalemia) is often the cause of depression, hypotension, tingling in the extremities.
IntroductionStructure of hairHair growthFood and nutrients to keep hair healthyOverconsumption of foods and nutrients that can cause hair...
Amino acids are organic compounds which have a considerable meaning for our organism, and primarily for our muscles. What are amino acids?Why are amino acids...
You can’t go anywhere without being confronted by calories. You go to the shop and there they are, stamped on every bottle and box. Visiting restaurants,...
For the most people outside the gym, the word “muscles” brings to mind image of big bodybuilders. The importance of muscle mass, strength, and...
Few men believe it, that you don’t need barbells, dumbbells or machines to build muscle; in fact, weight-training equipment often inhibits the...